Wednesday 12 October 2011

BLOGS THAT I FIND INTERESTING...

Hey there people! As you know, I was strolling through a couple of websites and I've read some blogs. And luckily I found some of them, interesting and educational, and it became like sort of past-time for about two days now. So now, I’m going to share it with you, the blog people and hope that you'll enjoy it too like I did.

I got these from a website that our teacher gave us. There are around 100 websites there, sorted out depending on what that website focuses on. I chose some from the categories in which I'm most interested in.

I started on Discovery Channel's website. When I was on the site, I kept on scrolling down the page when a topic or blog caught my eye. It was about a mountain found on an asteroid from a really great distance from Earth. The mountain is about 3 times bigger than our own Mount Everest just like Olympus Mons, a mountain found on Mars. I find it really amazing that our fellow people, astronomers, or people working for NASA or some other agencies/organizations are working on extra-terrestrial stuffs or some unknown things found on space or the universe and beyond it. Who knows? Maybe in the near future it'll happen. It'll really take some time for us to learn more about what's outside the Earth and beyond. but I'm really thankful that we now have powerful resources that could possibly let us learn and know how or world exists, or what's out there waiting for us to discover it. being an astronomer or an astronaut and for instance, is really a great opportunity to discover new things that revolve around us, but I guess that there are really a lot of great risks too, considering their lives.

The second one that I found is from the website called NPR. I don’t know what that abbreviation means so I’ll just continue and get to the best part. Okay, so our scientists are working on a really interesting invention. It’s not like any of their inventions before because it’s extremely high-tech. As I’ve said, it’s not like any other inventions and it’s because it could help people out there that thinks that they’ve lost it all, like no chance at all. So I’m talking about a mind-controlled mechanical/virtual arm and they’re working very hard on it so that they could try or test it on so that they could see if it needs changes or improvements. They’re testing it on monkeys/apes because they’re the closest or almost the same as us, human beings. Our actions, lifestyles (well, not really I guess.) or mind are almost like theirs, they’re as smart as us. I posted this not because of the monkeys. I posted this because of the people it could help, paralyzed people, people with no or exactly 0 % chance of moving. This could really help them, it would help them be normal like us, they’ll be able to do stuff that they weren’t able to do, they’ll be able to pursue their dreams and achieve more and enjoy life like we do. I want to see many people’s smiles around. I’m really hoping for this one to be introduced to us, some time in the near future.

And lastly, a website that’s all about words, of course a dictionary. Here you’ll have the word of the day in which you’ll learn a lot from. Everyday, a new word, which means that your knowledge is increasing. But wait, if you think that this website has only words and words and only words, no, you’re wrong...there are also some games here that teaches you or helps you through something important like your vocabulary. Some games are like: FIND OUT WHAT THAT WORD MEANS! :) ; GIVE THAT WORD(you’ll have to give the right word for that definition) ; SPELLING BEE ; GUESS THAT WORD ; and THE CROSSWORD PUZZLES. So there are really a lot of ways for you to learn. Like this, you’re learning and at the same time, having fun!

So these are some of the things that I find interesting. Hope you liked it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment