Wednesday 30 November 2011

"Just Slow Down"

Drive Safely
Drive Safely
Photo By: Marcus Q

I chose this topic because I remember watching football with my family when the commercial was on and we saw this really life-changing commercial about safe-driving from the Winnipeg Police Service. I was really affected by the video. When I first saw it, I went straight to the computer, searched for the video below and shared it on my facebook account and I told my brother whose currently taking driving classes, to drive safely at a moderate speed limit even if he's in a hurry and even though he is well experienced. Thinking of our safety is so much better that costing his life or another's.

The video below is by the Winnipeg Police Service to remind the people of the possible causes of road violations just like over-speeding. I'm sure that it'll have a great impact on you and will make you very concerned about driving pre-cautions.

In this video, the woman was put in-jail for running into a girl because of speeding, proved by herself, admitting that she did not stop at the "STOP" sign she passed by and by not slowing down for the fact that there is a "SCHOOL ZONE" sign meaning that she should decrease her speed rate for the safety of the students/children crossing the street.


The techniques of persuasion that were used in this ad are: Fun( a portion), Friends, Family, and Nature.
  • I think Family was used in this video because there was a dad and a little girl who was crossing the street when the accident happened. But before it happened, I saw how excited the little girl was upon seeing her dad across the street. 
  • I think Fun was used in this video because as I've said, I saw the look on the little girl's face because of her excitement upon seeing her dad across the street wanting to hug him for the fact that she raised her arms up then ran. But there's only a wee-bit of that.
  • I think Friends was used in this video because the little boy and the little girl were together and treated each other like friends but they are actually siblings.
  • I think Nature was used in this video because of the setting where the accident occurred, where the woman's car was parked and the school where the children were dismissed at and basing that there were crowds of children around them because obviously, it's a school.
I think that the reason why they used these techniques -- Family, Friends, and Nature, is to show that each and everyone of us matters and even from my own experiences, I lost my pet and I was so sad. How much more of a family? For Friends, they were together no matter what. He waited for her sister, they treated each other like friends. And lastly, the Nature. I think they used it to make us realize that no matter where we are, or whenever it may be, accidents could happen and it's better to think of our own safety and the others around you because you can't possibly know or predict what would happen in your future.

But I also noticed the mistake that the girl did. She didn't look if there was even a car coming, anyways, I can't blame her, she's still young and have lots to learn yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment